Record shop price deflation, Jan 2014: BRC
- Overall shop prices reported deflation for the ninth consecutive month in January, accelerating to 1.0% from 0.8% in December.
- This is the deepest level of deflation since the series began in December 2006.
- Food inflation slowed to 1.5% from 1.7% in December. Non-food reported annual deflation of 2.7% in January from 2.3% in December.
Shop price index – BDO/Nielsen
- Overall shop price inflation increased to 1.5% in March from 1.2% in February.
- Food inflation increased to 5.4% in March from 4.2% in February.
- Non-food reported deflation of 0.9% in March from 0.7% in February