Consumer Price Indices, Jan 2013: ONS
- The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) annual inflation grew by 2.7% in January 2013, unchanged for the fourth month in a row. This is the longest period for which the CPI growth has remained unchanged.
- The largest upward pressures came from alcohol and air fares.
- Miscellaneous goods & services and clothing provided the largest downward pressures.
- The CPI stands at 124.4 in January 2013 based on 2005 = 100.
- The Retail Prices Index (RPI) annual inflation grew by 3.3% in January 2013, up from 3.1% in December 2012.
- The RPI stands at 245.8 in January 2013 based on January 1987 = 100