UK business confidence improves: BDO
- Output and Optimism indices moved up to 94.1 and 93.0 respectively
- Service sector confidence moved up substantially in April
- Services Optimism Index, which predicts business performance two quarters ahead, also went up, increasing to 94.1
- Output Index for manufacturing fell this month from 92.4 to 90.8
- Optimism Index for manufacturing moved up to 88.3
Business confidence improving: BDO
- The Optimism Index increased by 1.7 points this month following its 21-year low reading in January. The Index increased to 90.6 in February from a reading of 88.9 in January – the biggest increase in the index for five months.
- Despite this increase, businesses still do not anticipate growth in the next two quarters
- The Inflation Index increased from 100.4 in January to 101.5 in February, its highest level since September 2012.
- The Output Index saw a decrease from 92.3 last month to 92.1 this month