Social & Organisational Research Blog
- The euro area (EA18) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.6% in May 2014, stable compared with April 2014, but down from 12.0% in May 2013.
- The EU28 unemployment rate was 10.3% in May 2014, down from 10.4% in April 2014, and from 10.9% in May 2013.
- 25.184 million men and women in the EU28, of whom 18.552 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in May 2014.
- Compared with April 2014, the number of persons unemployed decreased by 63 000 in the EU28 and by 28 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with May 2013, unemployment fell by 1.361 million in the EU28 and by 636 000 in the euro area.