Record shop price deflation, Jan 2014: BRC
- Overall shop prices reported deflation for the ninth consecutive month in January, accelerating to 1.0% from 0.8% in December.
- This is the deepest level of deflation since the series began in December 2006.
- Food inflation slowed to 1.5% from 1.7% in December. Non-food reported annual deflation of 2.7% in January from 2.3% in December.
Shop prices annual deflation: BRC
- Overall shop prices reported annual deflation for the sixth consecutive month in October, deepening to 0.5% from the 0.2% decline reported in September
- Food inflation slowed to 2.7% in October from 2.9% in September.
- Non-food reported annual deflation of 2.4% in October from 2.0% in September