- The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) 12-month rate was 2.7% in February 2018, down from 3.0% in January 2018.
- The Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers’ housing costs (CPIH) 12-month inflation rate was 2.5% in February 2018, down from 2.7% in January 2018.
- The largest downward contributions to the change in the rate came from transport and food prices, which rose by less than a year ago.
- Falling prices for accommodation services also had a downward effect.
- Rising prices for footwear produced the largest, partially offsetting, upward contribution.