Social & Organisational Research Blog
- E-commerce sales represented 18% of business turnover in 2012, down from 19% in 2011, but up 4.5 percentage points from the 2008 estimate of 14%.
- Sales by Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) made up two-thirds (67%) of total e-commerce sales in 2012, with the remainder (33%) from website sales.
- Website sales (£164 billion) represented 6% of business turnover in 2012, up from 5% (£133 billion) in 2011.
- 95% of businesses had broadband Internet and 82% had a website.
- In 2012, 43% of businesses used social networks with almost a quarter (23%) using social media to respond to customer opinions, reviews or questions.