CBI / KPMG London Business Survey: June 2012
- London businesses are more optimistic than six months ago about the prospects for the economy and for their own companies
- 41% of respondents say they feel more optimistic about the prospects for the economy over the next six months, a sharp rise from the December survey (13%).
- 47% of London firms say they feel more positive about their own six-month business prospects, up from 31% in December.
- The number of employers now freezing their recruitment has more than doubled to 51%, from 23% six months ago, with only 16% now hiring as normal, compared with 54% in the December survey, and the lowest figure for 18 months.
- A quarter of companies (24%) plan to decrease their investment in IT, equipment, plant and machinery over the next six months, or make no investments at all in this area
- The number of firms rating London as a good place to do business has risen to 86% from 83% six months ago