Employment in the UK: November 2021
- The UK unemployment rate was estimated at 4.3%, 0.3 percentage points higher than before the pandemic, but 0.5 percentage points lower than the previous quarter.
- The UK economic inactivity rate was estimated at 21.1%, 0.9 percentage points higher than before the pandemic, but largely unchanged on the quarter.
- July to September 2021 estimates show a continuing recovery in the labour market, with a quarterly increase in the employment rate, while the unemployment rate decreased, and the economic inactivity rate was largely unchanged.
- Total hours worked increased on the quarter with the relaxation of many coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
- The UK employment rate was estimated at 75.4%, 1.1 percentage points lower than before the coronavirus pandemic (December 2019 to February 2020), but 0.4 percentage points higher than the previous quarter (April to June 2021).