- The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) rose by 0.3% in the year to February 2016, unchanged from January 2016.
- This maintains the position seen over the last few months of a rate which is a little above zero.
- The contributions to change in the CPI rate from the detailed categories were relatively small compared with most months.
- The largest downward contribution came from the transport sector, from price changes for items such as road passenger transport, second-hand cars and bicycles.
- Rising food prices, particularly for vegetables, offset this