- GDP is estimated to have increased by 0.5% in Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2015 compared with growth of 0.7% in Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2015.
- Output increased in 3 of the main industrial groupings within the economy in Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2015. Services increased by 0.7%, production increased by 0.3% and agriculture increased by 0.5%. In contrast, construction growth decreased by 2.2%.
- Within production, manufacturing fell by 0.3% but this fall was offset by a 2.4% increase in Mining and Quarrying and a 1.2% increase in water and waste management.
- GDP was 2.3% higher in Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2015 compared with the same quarter a year ago.
- In Quarter 3 (July to Sept) 2015, GDP was estimated to have been 6.4% higher than the pre-economic downturn peak of Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2008. From the peak in Quarter 1 (Jan to Mar) 2008 to the trough in Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2009, the economy shrank by 6.1%