Labour Force Survey 2013: Eurostat
In 2013 in the EU28 these were:
- 216.4 million persons in employment
- 26.2 million unemployed
- 137.2 million economically inactive
- 43.7 million of those in employment were part-time workers, of which 9.9 million (23% of part-time workers) are underemployed, meaning they wished to work more hours and were available to do so
European Retail Trade Volume, Feb 2014: Eurostat
- In February 2014 compared with January 2014, the seasonally adjusted volume of retail trade rose by 0.4% in the euro area (EA18) and by 0.5% in the EU28
- In January retail trade increased by 1.0% and 0.6% respectively.
- In February 2014 compared with February 2013 the retail sales index increased by 0.8% in the euro area and by 1.5% in the EU28.