- UK retail sales were down 1.7% on a like-for-like basis from March 2013, when they had increased 1.9% on the preceding year.
- On a total basis, sales were down 0.3%, against a 3.7% increase in March 2013.
- The 3-month average total growth was 2.1%, just below the 12-month trend of 2.4%.
- Online sales of non-food products in the UK grew 12.8% in March versus a year earlier.
- The online penetration rate achieved 17.3% in March.
- Excluding online sales, total Non-food sales would have shown a decline in March.