Social & Organisational Research Blog
- The euro area (EA18) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.0% in January 2014, stable since October 2013
- It was also 12.0% in January 2013.
- The EU28 unemployment rate was 10.8% in January 2014, stable since October 2013
- It was 11.0% in January 2013
- 26.231 million men and women in the EU28, of whom 19.175 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in January 2014.
- Compared with December 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 17 000 in both the EU28 and the euro area
- Compared with January 2013, unemployment decreased by 449 000 in the EU28, and by 67 000 in the euro area.