- The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) has upgraded its growth forecasts for the next two years – from 2.7% to 2.8% in 2014 and from 2.4% to 2.5% in 2015.
- UK GDP expected to exceed its pre-recession peak in Q2 2014 – one quarter earlier than forecast in December
- UK GDP quarterly growth is forecast at 0.7% in Q1 2014, easing slightly to 0.6% in Q2 2014, before averaging 0.6% per quarter until the end of 2016.
- The first increase in UK interest rates expected in Q3 2015 to 0.75%
- Wage growth predicted to exceed inflation from mid-2014
- The youth unemployment rate is expected to remain almost three times the national average over the forecast period (2014 – 2016)
- Unemployment rate expected to fall from 7.2% in Q4 2013 to 6.0% in Q4 2016
- Growth in 2016 expected to be 2.5%.