- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.2% in September 2013, stable compared with August.
- The EU28 unemployment rate was 11.0%, also stable compared with August.
- In both zones, rates have risen compared with September 2012, when they were 11.6% and 10.6% respectively.
- In September 2013, 26.872 million men and women were unemployed in the EU28, of whom 19.447 million were in the euro area.
- Compared with August 2013, the number of persons unemployed went up by 61 000 in the EU28 and by 60 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with September 2012, unemployment rose by 978 000 in the EU28 and by 996 000 in the euro area.