European unemployment, August 2013: Eurostat
- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.0% in August 2013, stable compared with July.
- The EU28 unemployment rate was 10.9%, also stable compared with July .
- In both zones, rates have risen compared with August 2012, when they were 11.5% and 10.6% respectively.
- In August 2013, 26.595 million men and women were unemployed in the EU28, of whom 19.178 million were in the euro area.
- Compared with July 2013, the number of persons unemployed remained nearly stable in both the EU28 and the euro area.
- Compared with August 2012, unemployment rose by 882 000 in the EU28 and by 895 000 in the euro area.