European unemployment, July 2013: Eurostat
- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.1% in July 2013, stable compared with June.
- The EU281 unemployment rate was 11.0%, also stable compared with June4.
- In both zones, rates have risen compared with July 2012, when they were 11.5% and 10.5% respectively.
- 26.654 million men and women in the EU28, of whom 19.231 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in July 2013.
- Compared with June 2013, the number of persons unemployed decreased by 33 000 in the EU28 and by 15 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with July 2012, unemployment rose by 995 000 in the EU28 and by 1.008 million in the euro area