European unemployment, June 2013: Eurostat
- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.1% in June 2013, stable compared with May.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 10.9%, down from 11.0% in May .
- In both zones, rates have risen compared with June 2012, when they were 11.4% and 10.5% respectively.
- 26.424 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 19.266 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in June 2013.
- Compared with May 2013, the number of persons unemployed decreased by 32 000 in the EU27 and by 24 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with June 2012, unemployment rose by 1.080 million in the EU27 and by 1.129 million in the euro area