- Gross domestic product (GDP) increased by 0.6% in Q2 2013 compared with Q1 2013.
- All four main industrial groupings within the economy (agriculture, production, construction and services) increased in Q2 2013 compared with Q1 2013.
- This is the first time since Q3 2010 that the three major industry groups (production, construction and services) have all had a positive contribution to quarterly GDP
- GDP remains 3.3% below its pre-recession peak in Q1 2008
- From peak to trough the economy shrank by 7.2%.