- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 12.2% in April 2013, up from 12.1% in March.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 11.0%, unchanged compared with the previous month .
- In both zones, rates have risen markedly compared with April 2012, when they were 11.2% and 10.3% respectively.
- 26.588 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 19.375 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in April 2013.
- Compared with March 2013, the number of persons unemployed increased by 104 000 in the EU27 and by 95 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with April 2012, unemployment rose by 1.673 million in the EU27 and by 1.644 million in the euro area