- Footfall in April was 1.0% higher than a year ago, an improvement on the 5.2% fall in March.
- This is the strongest performance since December 2011 when footfall increased 5.7%.
- High streets reported the greatest rise (3.4%), the strongest performance since December 2011, followed by out-of-town (0.3%).
- The national town centre vacancy rate in the UK was 11.9% in April 2013, up from 10.9% in January 2013, the highest rate since the survey began in July 2011.
- Footfall in shopping centres fell 3.0% in April, its worst performance since January 2013.