- Total retail search volumes grew 16% in the first quarter of 2013 compared with the same quarter a year earlier.
- In the first quarter, search volumes on tablet devices outpaced those on any other device, increasing 198% compared with growth on smartphone devices of 66%.
- Total search volumes grew fastest for homewares, up 34% year-on-year. Homewares also had the highest growth in search volumes on tablets (236%) and smartphones, up by 88% year-on-year.
- During the January Sales, total retail search volumes were at their highest, with noticeable peaks on 2 and 20 January 2013.
- Total search volumes from UK consumers searching overseas retailers increased by 18% in Q1 compared with the previous year.