- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate3 was 12.0% in February 2013, stable compared with January.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 10.9%, up from 10.8% in the previous month.
- In both zones, rates have risen markedly compared with February 2012, when they were 10.9% and 10.2% respectively.
- Eurostat estimates that 26.338 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 19.071 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in February 2013.
- Compared with February 2012, unemployment rose by 1.805 million in the EU27 and by 1.775 million in the euro area.