- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.7% in December 2012, stable compared with November.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 10.7%, also stable compared with November
- In both zones, rates have risen markedly compared with December 2011, when they were 10.7% and 10.0% respectively
- 25.926 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 18.715 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in December 2012.
- Compared with December 2011, unemployment rose by 1.763 million in the EU27 and by 1.796 million in the euro area.