- The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) annual inflation stands at 2.7% in December 2012, unchanged for the third month in a row.
- The largest upward pressure came from the price increases in gas and electricity bills
- Air fares provided the largest downward pressure, with prices rising at a far slower rate than a year ago
- The CPI stands at 125.0 in December 2012 based on 2005 = 100
- The Retail Prices Index annual inflation stands at 3.1% in December 2012, up from 3.0% in November. Utility bill increases were the largest contributor to the rise
- The RPI stands at 246.8 in December 2012 based on January 1987 = 100