European Unemployment: Eurostat
- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.6% in September 2012, up from 11.5% in August.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 10.6% in September 2012, stable compared with August.
- In both zones, rates have risen significantly compared with September 2011, when they were 10.3% and 9.8% respectively
- Eurostat estimates that 25.751 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 18.490 million were in the euro area,
were unemployed in September 2012.
- Compared with August 2012, the number of persons unemployed increased by 169 000 in the EU27 and by 146 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with September 2011, unemployment rose by 2.145 million in the EU27 and by 2.174 million in the euro area.