European unemployment, June 2012: Eurostat
- The euro area (EA17) seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 11.2% in June 2012, stable compared with May. It was 10.0% in June 2011.
- The EU27 unemployment rate was 10.4% in June 2012, also stable compared with May. It was 9.5% in June 2011.
- 25.112 million men and women in the EU27, of whom 17.801 million were in the euro area, were unemployed in June 2012.
- Compared with May 2012, the number of persons unemployed increased by 127 000 in the EU27 and by 123 000 in the euro area.
- Compared with June 2011, unemployment rose by 2.165 million in the EU27 and by 2.024 million in the euro area.