- Euro area annual inflation is expected to be 2.4% in June 2012. It was also 2.4% in May.
Yeah, I know this isn’t my usual kind of thing, but I’m glad that someone is counting all these roads. And I’ve just bought a new motorbike.
- The total road length in Great Britain in 2011 was estimated to be 245.0 thousand miles, an increase of 2.1 thousand miles (0.9 per cent) over 10 years.
- Minor roads made up 87 per cent of total road length, with motorways and ‘A’ roads accounting for 1 per cent and 12 per cent respectively.
- Despite accounting for only 13 per cent of road length in 2011, major roads (motorways and ‘A’ roads) accounted for 65 per cent of road traffic.
- The UK’s current account deficit was £11.2 billion in the first quarter of 2012, up from a revised deficit of £7.2 billion in the previous quarter.
- The trade deficit widened to £7.8 billion in the first quarter of 2012, up from £5.6 billion the previous quarter.
- UK gross domestic product (GDP) in volume terms decreased by 0.3 per cent, unrevised from the previously estimated 0.3 per cent decline
- The volume of expenditure on goods and services (seasonally adjusted) fell by 0.1 per cent in Q1 2012, following growth of 0.5 per cent in Q4 2011.
- In current prices, seasonally adjusted household expenditure increased by 0.5 per cent.