I’ve been away and I’m only just catching up
- CPI annual inflation stands at 3.0 per cent in April 2012, down from 3.5 per cent in March. The CPI stands at 122.9 in April 2012 based on 2005 = 100
- RPI annual inflation stands at 3.5 per cent in April 2012, down from 3.6 per cent in March. The RPI stands at 242.5 in April 2012 based on January 1987 = 100
Labour Market Outlook: CIPD
- Near-term employment prospects are positive for the first time in more than a year
- This quarter’s net employment balance has increased to +6 from –8; the highest net balance score since autumn 2010
- Employment prospects will improve in all sectors of the economy in the second quarter of 2012
Lost in transition? The changing labour market and young people not in employment, education or training
Work Foundation and Private Equity Foundation report
- Around half of NEETs are unemployed and actively looking for work. An additional 18 per cent are inactive and either looking for work, or in the majority of cases, are not looking but would like to work. This leaves a third of the NEET cohort who are unable or unavailable to work in either the immediate or the longer-term for a variety of reasons – including caring responsibilities and longterm sickness or disability.
- Skills needs have changed in a way that makes it harder for some young people to access the labour market.
- Support to access their first sustainable job is a core support need of young people.
The youth employment crisis: Time for action – International Labour Office