Social & Organisational Research Blog
- The UK’s current account deficit was £8.5 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, down from a revised deficit of £10.5 billion in the previous quarter.
- The trade deficit reduced to £7.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2011, down from £8.8 billion the previous quarter.
- The income surplus was £4.6 billion, up from £4.0 billion in the third quarter of 2011.
- The financial account recorded net inward investment of £15.3 billion during the fourth quarter of 2011.
- The international investment position recorded UK net liabilities of £201.9 billion at the end of the fourth quarter 2011.
- In 2011, the UK’s current account deficit was £29.0 billion.