- In the second quarter of 2011 the average number of usual hours worked in the UK stood at around 36.3 per week, down 4.7 per cent from 38.1 hours per week in 1992.
- Those working in construction tend to work the longest hours in the UK.
- The proportion of the UK workforce employed in part-time jobs has increased from 24 per cent in 1992 to around 27 per cent in 2011.
- Full-time workers in the UK work longer hours than the EU average.
- The UK has a higher percentage of part-timeworkers than the EU overall, 27 per cent compared to 20 per cent.
- Lower skilled jobs work the longest paid hours while managers work the most unpaid overtime.