- UK Households spent an average of £474 per week in 2010
- The largest expenditure categories were transport, housing (excluding mortgages) fuel and power, and recreation and culture.
- There were five regions in which expenditure over the period 2008-2010 was higher than the UK average: London, South East, East , South West, and Northern Ireland.
- Households in rural areas had higher overall expenditure than those in urban areas.
- The ownership of consumer durables continued to increase into 2010