- There were 2.62 million unemployed people, up 129,000 on the quarter.
- The unemployment rate was 8.3 per cent of the economically active population, up 0.4 on the quarter.
- The unemployment rate is the highest since 1996 and the number of unemployed people is the highest since 1994.
- The inactivity rate for those aged from 16 to 64 was 23.3 per cent, up 0.1 on the quarter.
- There were 9.36 million economically inactive people aged from 16 to 64, up 64,000 on the quarter.
- The employment rate for those aged from 16 to 64 was 70.2 per cent, down 0.4 on the quarter.
- There were 29.07 million people in employment aged 16 and over, down 197,000 on the quarter.